Our Top Weight Loss Tips!
- Start your morning off with some fasted cardio. Moving your body before food will get your heart rate up and keep it up for the rest of the day – resulting in torching some unwanted calories
- Before fasted cardio have some hot water with freshly squeezed lemon in it. This will get your digestive system moving and will kick start your metabolism for the day
- Meditate for 10 minutes every morning before you start your day. Meditating will quiet your mind and help you with cravings throughout the day. After doing this for 7 days, you will be able to see things more clearly. Are you hungry? Just tired? Bored? Having mental clarity will not only help you make better decisions in your diet and exercise, but it will also add so much more value to your life, everything will start to change for the better and you will be able to deal with unwanted things that pop up in a reasonable matter. We cannot stress this enough. The app we LOVE is called 10% happier. Download it and let us know what you think! We know you are probably thinking – I don’t have time to do fasted cardio and meditate! We used to think this too. However, if changing your life for the better is a REAL priority for you, then you will get up earlier. You will make time. Start your day right and you will be a better mum/dad, friend, partner, co-worker and person in ALL areas of your life. Try it for a week and see what happens!
- Don’t skip meals, stay consistent. Set yourself a meal plan for the week and do everything in your power to stick to it. Continue to do this over a period of a few months and you WILL see results. Have patience, real changes happen slow and will last longer.
- Feed your body correctly, with whole nutritious foods – not processed junk.
- Don’t buy the junk food. Have it out of your house! If it isn’t in the cupboard, you won’t eat it or will choose a healthy option.
- Don’t overdo the portion sizes. Yes, you may be eating something “healthy” like oatmeal, but if you are only 55kg and you are pouring 100g into a bowl – it is probably too much. If you need help with this let us know.
- Try to move your body for at least 20 minutes a day. Whether it is a fasted morning walk, a lunch time walk with your colleagues (leave your runners at work so you have no choice), put music on a dance your way around the house while you spring clean for 20 minutes or go to the gym with a friend
- Drink at least 2 litres of water daily. Flush out those toxins and stay fuller longer (not to mention great skin and more energy).
- Try and prep all your meals. That way you know exactly what is going into them. Restaurants go crazy on oil and butter and that can add up to 200 more calories to a relatively healthy meal. Cook your own so you know exactly what is going in your mouth.
- If you have to eat out always ask for dressings to be on the side. Choose a smaller size option. Go for something like a steak or chicken or fish with some vegetables or salad on the side.
- Brush your teeth after your meals to stop sugar cravings or invest in some delicious sweet tea instead.
- If you absolutely cannot stop yourself from having some chocolate or a treat, don’t hold back. But don’t overdo it. Be reasonable and have a small piece, then make sure you choose a healthy option the next few meals. SIMPLE!
- Don’t be afraid of weight resistance training. Lifting weights is such a great way to torch fat and get that lean toned, look that we all love. Aim to lift weights at least 2-3 times a week and your body will thank you for it.
- Buy yourself some new workout gear. It will make you want to get out moving!
Hopefully some of the above tips help!